A Healthy Mind is the Greatest Treasure to Find
The purpose of ACYFS is to offer our youth opportunities to develop skills, talents, and abilities, utilizing their strengths and their voice, to improve their functioning and transition into permanent placement with their family, a resource or foster family, or transition to independence or emancipation. The youth we service have a history of difficulties in community placement; our intent is to break that cycle and provide them with tools necessary, along with the services and supports they need through the CFTM process. In order to be successful to achieve their short-term goals of permanency and long-term goals of independence; ACYFS recognizes that transition starts from their date of admission along with follow-up efforts for a minimum of six months following discharge to increase the success of a future less restrictive placement.
Subscribe to Our Updates.
We send out updates on our events and causes. Join and be the first to know what were up to. – Thank you
Why We Need You
What are the requirements to become a volunteer?
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid U.S. social security number
- Successfully complete a background investigation
- Be able to commit to at least 100 hours of service per year (average of 2 hours per week)
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (second language skills are a plus)
- Complete health clearance
- Submit an on-line application
How do I Sign Up to Become a Volunteer?
Please feel free to contact us if you would like information on how to sign up to become a volunteer. Also, Please visit our program page and see the required forms you will need.